28 3 / 2013
There was a lot I liked about you.
You did an awesome job with casting. You were really great in many ways. I loved your Lizzie, your Charlotte, your Lydia, your Jane, your Darcy, and your Bing. I loved Caroline, even if I didn’t love what you did with her at the end. And I didn’t love Wickham, but damn, Wes played him to a T. The LBD cast—amazing all around. [Edited to add: I can’t believe I left off Gigi and Collins, who were both perfect and brought new life and energy to characters that usually get the short shrift.]
There was a lot I didn’t like in the final quarter. You already know that. I’m not going to jump over all that old stuff again.
You gave me something to obsess over, even if that obsession turned dark and twisted and confusing in the middle.
I appreciate that.
But I just want to talk about one last thing. You know, for old time’s sake.
Let’s talk about the last ten seconds of that last video.
Either Mrs. Bennet is really, deeply mentally unstable, and there’s a good reason for withholding the videos from her and the truth about her daughters. In that case, making her the punch line of a joke is just a NO NO NO.
It’s not okay to laugh at mentally ill people.
Or, maybe, she isn’t that bad. In which case the punch line of the joke is mocking the Bennet’s loving, affectionate, perhaps over-involved mother one last time, a woman who was kept in the dark unnecessarily and is now going to be supremely hurt to discover that for a year, her daughters have been mocking her and hiding things from her, like the fact that George Wickham tried to ruin Lydia’s life.
I know you don’t give a shit, LBD, but laughing at mentally ill people—or mocking people for being mentally ill when they aren’t—is really not okay.
- idyllgossip likes this
- delladilly likes this
- ineedanumbrella reblogged this from courtneymilan
- samashies likes this
- bechedor79 likes this
- hauntedpterodactyl likes this
- lulabo likes this
- millyclaire likes this
- campbellsaundersunlives likes this
- kawaii-cybergirl likes this
- clavisa likes this
- cylondorothy reblogged this from alltheladiesyouhate
- bantermeister likes this
- squintyoureyes likes this
- unlocked-angel likes this
- youknowwhatheaven likes this
- sweetchai-cherrypie likes this
- urnotgettingmyurl likes this
- genderific reblogged this from courtneymilan and added:
- genderific likes this
- gatheringbones said: ……… did it REALLY?
- reallyispahan likes this
- mrajolras likes this
- bropunzeling reblogged this from alltheladiesyouhate
- queermarisa reblogged this from alltheladiesyouhate
- notliketheothers likes this
- queermarisa likes this
- glittercyborgwitch likes this
- beeblebroxed likes this
- lizayzay reblogged this from alltheladiesyouhate
- pylades reblogged this from courtneymilan and added:
- lizayzay likes this
- tenshiko likes this
- hackle likes this
- stpressure likes this
- quellthesparkle likes this
- alltheladiesyouhate reblogged this from courtneymilan
- alltheladiesyouhate likes this
- valariedickey reblogged this from ladyspirits and added:
- valariedickey likes this
- ladyspirits reblogged this from courtneymilan
- thatpeacefulvalley likes this
- singersdd said: I have a mom who can be a Mrs. Bennet. Were I to start a vlog, durned tootin’ I would hide it from her, because I wouldn’t want to Deal With Her obsessing about the way I characterized anybody, or with the number of followers I had. I completely it.
- peregrineflight likes this
- shakarlicious likes this
- glintglimmergleam likes this
- deannatroi said: I really found that the overall treatment of Mrs. Bennet to be in poor taste. Beginning with leaving her out of important events and ending with the reveal at the end of this episode.
- kcinpa likes this
- varlandgear likes this
- glamaphonic likes this